Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: That Was The Week That Was or TW3 (Guidelines)

That Was The Week That Was or TW3 (Guidelines) 7 years 6 months ago #1

• Damn Brit
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 1
TW3 is a communal thread for us all to post images we have taken (because we all take our cameras everywhere with us), hopefully it will help us all get to know each other better and promote a sense of camaraderie. Everyone is invited to contribute an image or two, and they should have been taken the previous week or so.

Here are a few guidelines:-

1) Maximum three images per post, maximum three posts per week. Pictures should be from the previous week.

2) As well as posting images, please comment on at least one other members images, no critique or crop comments, just find something good to say. If you think you have something valuable to suggest, PM the member who took the picture.

3) At the end of the week, the thread host should nominate the member you think has produced the best picture that week. NOTE: We all have different levels of skill and ability, please take that into account when nominating so that everyone gets a fair crack. Please also include a link to the winning photo when making the announcement.

4) The host may choose a theme for his TW3 if he wishes. He may also adjust the above-listed guidelines to change things up (ie. change the number of submissions allowed, extend the submission period, etc.)

Historical Note: The original That Was The Week That Was (or TW3) was a groundbreaking satirical TV show in Britain in the 60's. [url:3egxgklg]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Was_The_Week_That_Was[/url]
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by FPZ Administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: That Was The Week That Was or TW3 7 years 6 months ago #2

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Actually, TWTWTW was copied here in the us in the mid 1960's on NBC. It was so funny. I loved it. In a way it led to both the Smothers Brothers and Laugh-in shows.

Tim

Re: That Was The Week That Was or TW3 7 years 6 months ago #3

• Damn Brit
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 1
Also Canada, New Zealand and Holland. Apparently a version has recently started in India of all places.
I added a Wiki link to the thread starter.
I believe Monty Python may not have existed if it hadn't have been for TW3, it certainly paved the way.
I used to enjoy Laugh In when I was a kid.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds