Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Paparazzo? Yes or No?

Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 5 months ago #1

• Kelowna Artist
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 1
I just read this article, and was wondering what everyones take is on it.
[url:29lfsnju]ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100611/enter...ertainment_us_foster[/url]
Do you feel that the teen is a professional paparazzo? Or just some teen wanting a pic for his wall?

personally, I feel that Celeberties deserve their peace and quiet. however I know that soo many magazines make their $ feeding off them.
They'll buy the pic from anyone with a camera, so there's a chance Jodie may have been right about him.

However, if I was 17, and I saw her with her children I might be tempted to snap a pic of her... for my own scrapbook.
A photograph can be a Beautiful thing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 5 months ago #2

Sounds like a "wanna be" a paparazzo since he was obviously up in their face and carrying a bag and lenses. Shoot, be a professional and get a tele lens and give the actors their space. Up close and personal is going to give you a black eye these days. If I had someone in my face with a camera every time I stepped outside my door, eventually somebody is going to get popped in the nose.

Re: Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 5 months ago #3

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
It's hard to say from that article, there's a lot of hearsay and "he says" "she says". He seems well equipped for a 17yo, so a burgeoning paparazzo?

Re: Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 5 months ago #4

• Damn Brit
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 1
Doesn't matter whether he is or not, it doesn't sound like he was doing anything illegal, as long as he wasn't right in her face, it's the price of fame.
I'm no lover of paparazzi but it is a double edged sword, Jody Foster keeps herself out of the limelight as much as possible and she doesn't need the publicity because she makes more money producing than acting. For the majority of celebrities, it's a double edged sword, they bitch about having their photo taken and they bitch about not having their photo taken.
I think the best thing would be to have a code of conduct for these photographers to ensure that they are respectful and don't hassle their subjects.
Don't forget also, the public plays a big role in this, if we didn't read those kind of magazines, there wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Re: Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 5 months ago #5

I agree that it's the price of fame, but I also agree that if the kid wants to be a paparazzo, then his job comes with a price as well. Don't become a movie star if you don't want people in your private space, and don't become a member of the paparazzi if you're not willing to take a scratch or bruise every now and then when you invade someone's space (or if someone feels you are a threat to their children!) Maybe if she injured him enough to warrant a hospital bill, or broke a piece of equipment...She has the responsibility to pay for it. But I think the kid (and/or his dad) is just trying to gain some notoriety and is using this to make it happen faster.

It doesn't annoy me that paparazzi push and shove to invade people's space like that, but it does annoy me when they have the audacity to whine about a celebrity shoving them back.

Re: Paparazzo? Yes or No? 8 years 4 months ago #6

greenconverse wrote:
It doesn't annoy me that paparazzi push and shove to invade people's space like that, but it does annoy me when they have the audacity to whine about a celebrity shoving them back.

Amen to that!! **insert high-five smiley**
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds