Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Reports from Sandy?

Reports from Sandy? 5 years 7 months ago #1

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
This west coast meteorologist is watching with awe at the storm and destruction following Sandy that has happened and is yet to come. As many of our members live in or near the path of Sandy, I for one am hoping that you all came through ok, are safe, and are coping. :cross: If you are able please share any stories, photos, or thoughts on it here. FWIW, I'm sending out a big hug or two to all of you. :love:

Tim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reports from Sandy? 5 years 7 months ago #2

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
We're fine here. Sandy hit a bit farther south than Irene did last year, so there was a lot less damage in our area. Last year I had thousands of dollars in damage to our house, this year nothing.

Having said that, someone in our town did die during the storm. A tree fell through her living room window.

I think rmtagg (in PA) was more in the path of the storm than we were, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of effects she experienced.
Photons are your friends! :-)

Reports from Sandy? 5 years 7 months ago #3

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Glad to have you report in with a positive report. Great news!

Reports from Sandy? 5 years 7 months ago #4

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
We got the tail-end or side-swipe of Sandy. Reports of the usual trees and wires down, but no real serious damage in this area. It's amazing how far its influence was felt. At times we had pelting rain and sleet going almost horizontally in front of our picture window. I hear we had 80 km/h gusts but it was a steady 30 km/h for 2 days. We survived fine and even had a scheduled replacement of our front entrance door on Monday during the height of the storm. Luckily the front of the house faces south and most of the nasty stuff was coming out of the north. Now we have a nice, warm door ready to face the coming winter. :p
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds