Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: My homework from Adobe Illustrator

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #1

• sf_frank
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 2
I haven't been doing much photography lately because I've been busy taking a couple of classes. One of the classes I take on Tuesday nights is a 3 hour class on Adobe Illustrator at the local community college. The other class is an online course on Adobe Photoshop for Photographers. On the weekends, I do my homework and try to learn something. Adobe Illustrator has been a real learning experience for me. Illustrator is very different from any of the photography program I've used in the past. Learning something new has it's challenges and rewards. Below are a couple of the recent homework assignments I've completed for the Illustrator class.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #2

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Great work Frank. I want to take a night coarse too but I travel so much its hard to set up. JIM

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #3

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Those look really great Frank. I really like the contrasting colours you chose, nicely designed.

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #4

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Very cool stuff, looks like you're learning really well.

I was a wiz with Corel Draw back when Illustrator was just a pale imitation. Weird how things have changed over the years. Vector graphics programs can be incredibly flexible and fun, but they're definitely very different from raster image editors. I recently got thrown back into using vector graphics against my will for my cousin's company logo, and it was fun to realize most of my old skills haven't left me yet.
Photons are your friends! :-)

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #5

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Yep, those are really nice Frank. I like the first one the best graphically. Thanks for sharing these.

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #6

• sf_frank
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 2
new2photo wrote:
Those look really great Frank. I really like the contrasting colours you chose, nicely designed.

Thanks for the comments. I'll be honest, I didn't choose the colors, part of the assignment was to use specific colors. Actually, we get a basic pencil line drawing to start and assigned colors using CMYK colors. It's our job to put it together by redrawing the design and incorporate the colors. Learning how to draw the lines was the biggest challenge in the beginning - and I still need a lot of practice.

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #7

• sf_frank
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 2
Friendly Photon wrote:
Very cool stuff, looks like you're learning really well.

I was a wiz with Corel Draw back when Illustrator was just a pale imitation. Weird how things have changed over the years. Vector graphics programs can be incredibly flexible and fun, but they're definitely very different from raster image editors. I recently got thrown back into using vector graphics against my will for my cousin's company logo, and it was fun to realize most of my old skills haven't left me yet.

I've never used Corel Draw, but it was certainly replaced by Adobe Illustrator. If you can remember how to do vector graphics after a few years break, you are probably doing better than I would probably do. There is a lot to remember.

My homework from Adobe Illustrator 8 years 1 week ago #8

• sf_frank
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 2
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Yep, those are really nice Frank. I like the first one the best graphically. Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks very much. I'll post more of our homework assignments in the future.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds