• Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Gettingf close to the end on these posts. Cheers JIM

Blsck Icey Blues

Slow Morning Melt

B&W Ice Flow

Rocky Settings

Ice Castle
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Views of Iceland 5 years 10 months ago #32

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Really stunning images in this tread Jim. Really awesome.

I would be interesting in knowing some of the particulars of your trip.

Duration, weather, logistics (flight/airline/local travel/guides?), route, gear, approximate cost (minus the dead camera of course), language issues, and lesson's learned.

All this would be interesting to me because...well, I might like to do something similar down the road.

Views of Iceland 5 years 10 months ago #33

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Really stunning images in this tread Jim. Really awesome.

I would be interesting in knowing some of the particulars of your trip.

Duration, weather, logistics (flight/airline/local travel/guides?), route, gear, approximate cost (minus the dead camera of course), language issues, and lesson's learned.

All this would be interesting to me because...well, I might like to do something similar down the road.

Tim, there are a number of ways to see Iceland. Here is s quick review of our trip

- Flight was direct out of Seattle. Took about 7.5 hours to fly there with a 7 hour time zone change. Flight cost was 750.00 UD dollasrs return. We got a hell of a deal. Normal cost is 1200.00.

- We rented a 4x4 3/4 ton Ford and a camper. Total cost of the truck and camper, for 18 days, was 7500.00, which included insurance and unlimited milage, which we paid more for.

- Gas was expensive costing over 350.00 to fill the truck. [2.62 litre] That's jusgt over 8.00 bucks a gallon. We put on 4500 km on the trip so fuel was close to 2000.00 grad, all cost were split three ways.

- Food is not cheap. Spend over 1200.00 dollars over the 18 days plus booze which is three times higher compared to US.

I think, not including the equipment and clothes bought for the trip, over a years period, I was out about $7500.00 dollars. I bought about 3000.00 dollars worth of gear and clothes for the trip. The next trip will be a lot less then this one for sure.

In the end it was worth every penny and would do agian tomorrow if I could efford it!!!

Let me know what else you want to know. we did go first class and I am sure one can save more dollars on a trip like this. JIM

Views of Iceland 5 years 10 months ago #34

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
I think that about covers it. Thanks for the excellent report. Can't argue with the results either. Totally awesome.

Oh, sorry one more question. Did you have a guide or just went where ever you felt like it? Or was this long planed for the photo quality of certain places?
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by blackcloudbrew.

Views of Iceland 5 years 10 months ago #35

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
I totally see a book put together with all of these.
Photons are your friends! :-)
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds