• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Yup we love em and size does matter!

IMGP9903.jpg

IMGP9862.jpg

IMGP9853.jpg

IMGP9916.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rednecks Like Trucks 2 years 2 months ago #2

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Great captures! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I've never been to one of these but I have a secret desire to do so and I'm quite sure I'm not a redneck too. :cool:

So, where was this event? What was your shooting set up? Lessons learned? We want details!

Rednecks Like Trucks 2 years 2 months ago #3

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Thanks Tim.
Although I've been to many mud truck races over the years this was actually my first Monster Truck event. There is a land owner in Newport NC who puts on several events (rodeo , tractor pull ,circus) every year.He doesn't get rich or famous for it but it does provide some fun for the community. Last weekend my wife was working and the boys were off doing their own thing so I took the little girl out for cultural enrichment night... yup big loud trucks and hamburgers.

As far as gear & set up K-5 w/ Tamron 28-105 f2.8
Shooting action at night is allways kind of a juggling act for me. Too much ISO - too much noise , not enough speed even when panning - motion blur . I set the camera at ISO 1600 shutter priority at 180/sec. center wieghted metering , crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.
In hindsight , I probably should have bumped the ISO and speed.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by DamnRedneck.

Rednecks Like Trucks 2 years 2 months ago #4

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Interesting. Thanks for the technical details. Given the conditions, you did well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamnRedneck

Rednecks Like Trucks 2 years 2 months ago #5

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Tim thanks again.
By the end of the show I had a better handle on things as is evident in the first and last pics. When we first got there we were on the down wind side and dust was brutal. The guy who owns the field brought out a tanker truck and wet down the field which made a big difference. We also moved up wind.
The 2nd & 3rd shot were duding the dust storm and aren't that great but I kinda like the effect and both of those trucks compete on the Monster Jam circuit.
I did get a series of one truck that the team has expressed an interest in. We'll see how that goes.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds