Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wal-Mart Film Processing Now Throws Your Negs in the Trash

Wal-Mart Film Processing Now Throws Your Negs in the Trash 6 years 4 months ago #1

• Leighgion
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 29
  • Honor Medal
I think only Tim and I among FPZ regulars are still shooting film, and mostly B&W, but I think this news is still of interest.

WalMart's send out film development service (which I have never used) is pioneering a new practice of not returning your negatives. No doubt to save themselves money on shipping, the film is sent to the lab where it is scanned and the data digitally transmitted back to the store where it is burnt to CD and any prints made. The negatives end their life in the lab's trash.

photo.net/film-and-processing-forum/00aakr

It's no surprise that availability of film-related services continue to decline, but I nevertheless found this latest a bit shocking. You might get better or worse service, but it was always an assumption the lab was going to give your negatives back to you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wal-Mart Film Processing Now Throws Your Negs in the Trash 6 years 4 months ago #2

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
I don't know why this bothers anyone.
Wal*Mart saves you money every day; this is just one more example how they do it.
You should be thanking them. ;)

Wal-Mart Film Processing Now Throws Your Negs in the Trash 6 years 4 months ago #3

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
meh, having used their film processing in the recent past, I've learned to avoid them like the plague. However I still find this latest practice despicable.
Photons are your friends! :-)
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds