Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Question for Pentax guys

Question for Pentax guys 4 years 8 months ago #76

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Mirror lock up means placing the mirror in the raised position in preparation for a shot you're planning to take. The subsequent press of the shutter button activates the shutter itself. Since the mirror is already up, it doesn't contribute to any camera shake. Honestly, this mode is only useful for some very specific shots from a tripod where you need absolute stillness for maximum sharpness, and is typically useless. While the mirror is up, you can't see anything through the viewfinder.

I agree with mikeSF. About the only way you can activate it by accident is if you have a button set to activate bracketing and you accidentally hit it AND then hit the right direction button...
Photons are your friends! :-)
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Friendly Photon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Pentax guys 4 years 8 months ago #77

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
The mirror up feature is for use when the camera is on a tripod and you want to be very sure there are no shutter vibrations. I'll use it in low light with a cable release. SR is shut off with mirror lock. It's not for hand held use.

Question for Pentax guys 4 years 8 months ago #78

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
sorry, was shooting an easter egg dying party all day! i was dying, alright.
:pinch:

To pile onto these fine remarks, I typically use mirror up whenever I am shooting a slowish shutter (1/2sec or so)and do not want to introduce any hand motion, BUT i need to trigger the exact firing of the shutter, such as at the beach when there is a wave crash. As the wave approaches, i trigger M.UP with my remote and then just as the wave is splashing, I trigger the shutter.
Otherwise, somewhat useless, as the others mentioned.

h740c8ce.jpg
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mikeSF.

Question for Pentax guys 4 years 8 months ago #79

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
It's real late and I'm toast but wanted to say thanks again! Started Fri. morning before work . My son was cooking in the BBQ competition and even though He is now driving and set his own site , I still put the detail on his grill.
Lots of fun , food , music and rides. Got to see folks I haven't talked to for a while.
Like I said earlier this whole 30 something y/o festival is a charity gig and I guess with the price of fuel and condition of the economy the headliners from Fri night and Sat cancelled.
It turns out even these guys brought an abbreviated version of the band (usually 7 on stage) but they still helped the cause. Leaving you with a few more pics of North Tower , a thanks
and a good night!

hba6f8d6.JPG

hc491984.JPG

h5b6ac2f.JPG
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds