Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #76

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
well, let's poke the proverbial fork in this baby at the stroke of midnight, shall we? i am headin out on vacation and will choose the winner in the morning. as usual, any last minute bribes can be sent by PayPal, used by 94.4 million people worldwide.

ok, ya still got time to process some pics! There must be a few more "dam"jokes to tell...
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mikeSF.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #77

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
here's one of the morning panos of SF:

here is the larger version:
http://mikeoria.zenfolio.com/img/v33/p803305407.jpg

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #78

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
I've been meaning to get a decent shot of Alcatraz and finally got up early enough.

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #79

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
i slept on it because i was quite torn over the submissions this week. In my opinion there are easily 3 or 4 possible winners; everyone who played really upped their game and all should be proud of their photos.

A few highlights, in no particular order:

@BCB - i loved your berry bokeh. really great way to showcase the lens. Also, Time Machine really captures the handcar event nicely. nice motion you got on that one. You obviously know how to walk an event and find the shots.

@FP - weary traveler(B&W) really tells the story and is well conceived. Now if that welcome sign had said, "we love to fly and it shows"...well, lol. But seriously, great job and your model is lovely too. :-)

@Mongooz - your wet fox macro is simply dazzling...i just want to stare at it and see all those tiny water drops just hanging there. the bokeh is very pretty too. bravo.

@JScott - you wowed us again with your flowers and bokeh shots. i love the colors and composition of these, perhaps #1 the most.

@Jimbo - maybe it's true that one needn't travel to find the best pictures when there are so many possible subjects in the proverbial backyard. However, in this case, you appear to have been amply inspired by your surroundings. Your photos from the trip show us nature's beauty from many angles. I also recognize Dave (daacon) and hope he will join us in FPZ very soon. Your landscapes are always great and in particular the two from post#40 are knockouts. "Mountain Backdrop" has great color and framing and the reflection is stunning...the only thing better is "Rocking Reflections", which has all that PLUS a layer of mist on the water which really throw this over the top, IMO. Put this in the FPZ commemorative calendar! Can't wait to see more and over to you, JIMBO!!

TW3#55 Winner: JIMBO
Rocking Reflections

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #80

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Wow, thank you Mike. With so many great images this week I feel extremely honored and as you mentioned there could have been a few clears winners. Makes this week more special. I have so many from my trip that I have not posted as I did not want to over load you guys when them. I will try to get Dave to come over but who wants that type of competition!! :wth: Just kidding. Dave and I have been out many times and we both love landscape shooting. He loves his new K5. Thanks again Mike and let the show begin. JIMBO

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #81

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
Wow! That picture is sure a knock-out Jimbo; a well deserved win!

Thanks for hosting Mike. Great job!

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #82

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Gorgeous picture, well-deserving of the win.

I hope no-one minds if I wait a couple of days before adding it to the front page of the site. It took me over a week to get mikeSF's winning picture up there due to our vacation, and I'd like to keep it as first in rotation for at least a couple more days.
Photons are your friends! :-)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Friendly Photon.

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #83

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
hope no-one minds if I wait a couple of days before adding it to the front page of the site. It took me over a week to get mikeSF's winning picture up there due to our vacation, and I'd like to keep it as first in rotation for at least a couple more days.

Great idea. Keep it all week!! JIMBO

Re: TW3 #55 9/19/11-9/30/11 Hosted by MikeSF 5 years 6 months ago #84

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
I'm still out in the wilds of southern Utah but was able to check in this morning. Congrads Jimbo for another excellent image and win. I'm liking that one too.

Thanks Mike for another great hosting job. Love your GGB shots too. I will have to go do that with you one day soon and learn.

I'll be trying to submit some from this week at Bryce and Zion but I can't do any HDR stuff - yet and that's where I think I'll shine. Again, well done Jim!
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds