Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15

TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #1

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Thank you to Blackcloudbrew for an excellent job hosting last week and a great idea with a sub-contest. This week will go through Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day/Armistice Day on November 11. Please feel free to post at least 3 extra pictures on that theme if you have the chance. The rest of the rules are here.

Always, but especially on November 11, I'm proud to be related to this man. My great-uncle's gravesite.

Hope to hear from some members who've been quiet lately too, Rosemary? Mr. P? Pablo are you back again? and hopefully Frank has some to share from Patagonia. Looking forward to another week with all of you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #2

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ok, here are few from me. I'm shooting all month with my Samyang 100-500 aka the Rocket Launcher lens. It's not the best but it does provide me with a change of pace.

Morro Rock

_IMG9026 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Just an old barn

_IMG9050 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Morro Bay Seascape

_IMG9029 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #3

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
wow Tim, Morro Bay is so lovely and you got some great colors there.

I joined Tim and new friend Matt for some shooting at Rodeo Beach last night. Here are some.

Haystacks

Sunset

Haystack
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeSF.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #4

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Autumn Bench

Seasonal Strip

Morning Grass

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #5

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Great start Tim. That lens seems to give you an interesting aspect to these shots. I'm liking Morro Rock the best of the series for composition, colour and the mist/fog effect you captured.

Mike: Excellent series. I hope you all had a good time and I hope you have more to share. I'm really enjoying Haystacks for the silhouetted effect of the rocks, although Haystack has nice framing and I like the smoothness of the beach. Did all your equipment stay dry this time? :-)

Jimbo: Very cool aspect with Seasonal Strip. Very effective with those tall trees. I'd have to be lying on the ground or dig a deep hole to get that kind of shot around here. Morning Grass has some nice lines with the fence and river perspective.

Keep 'em coming!

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #6

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
@Jimbo - i really like Morning Grass for the rich and varied colors and the way you placed the fence to divide the in vs out elements. Great series as always!

@Tiff - thanks and yes, my gear stayed dry except for one of my Cokin filters that took the brunt of the sea spray and a couple of splashes. i also managed to ruin my Hoya 9-stop filter by scratching it with the zipper on my jacket...what a bummer. I did drive home in soaking wet jeans and that was fun.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #7

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
more from the rodeo:

Treacherous Passage

Sand & Rocks

Nightfall
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mikeSF.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #8

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Just to get an idea of how Fast Mike is committed to getting the shot. Here is a three image hdr shot of MikeSF in action at Rodeo Beach Monday evening. While not cold by GWN standards, it was chilly and the water is even colder. Well done Mike!

Commitment to Craft (Note for judging)

_IGP5675_6_7 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by blackcloudbrew.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #9

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ok, so Mikey, a friend, and I spent Monday evening at Rodeo Beach on the Marin County headlands getting cold as well as feet and cameras wet but getting some very nice images. I shot some film too and will be posting those quite a bit later. Anyway, as Mike has put up a few of our shoot, I'll do the same with a few of mine.

Ripples in hdr - did this hand held and got some movement in it but I actually like this as an abstract.

_IGP5641_39_40 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Long time exposure of three sea stacks

_IGP5686 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Sea stacks in hdr

_IGP5674_2_3 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by blackcloudbrew.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #10

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Mike, love the night B&W. [night fall] JIM

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #11

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Mike, I'm in agreement with Jim too on nightfall. It's got that something else in it. Great stuff.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #12

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
Them's groovy pictures Earl!

'Ripples' tickles my fancy! :cool:

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #13

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Now Mike, let's not scare everyone away.. Night Falls is amazing.

Tim: I'm enjoying your depth with HDR, the colours in Ripples and Sea Stacks are excellent.

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #14

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Mike, I'm in agreement with Jim too on nightfall. It's got that something else in it. Great stuff.

Tim, I did not want to take anything away from your images from this location. I like the middle image and for me I would have change the processing slightly. not sure what the light is in the background. [may be a boat] but it does take my eye away from so much more that the image has to offer. Hell, what do I know. I am still trying to figure out how to work my F stop. cheers and great work by all so far. JIM

Re: TW3.59 hosted by tiffpix 11/8 to about midnight 11/15 6 years 1 month ago #15

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Three more from Sunday. JIM

Leaves Turned

Autumn Park

Waiting for Love
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds