Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th

TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #1

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Welcome to another installment of FPZ's famous TW3. A huge thanks to thepandaknows for selecting my humble entry as last week's standout.

This TW3 will span through President's Day! Consequently, I'd really like to see some pictures of people trying to open the locked door at their local bank, then walking away fuming and swearing.

No wait, I'm kidding... kinda. But I'd really like to see some pictures of people in general. They don't have to be portraits, candids work well too! Or silhouettes, or the hint of people (shadows?), or the implication of people (still-smoldering cigarette butt?). Get creative!

Don't forget to check out the guidelines if you're not familiar with them.
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #2

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
Here are some new ones from saturday in Davenport.

Davenport Moonshine

Like a river that can't find the sea...

Symphony

How do these relate to PEOPLE? Heck I don't know. :-)
In #2, I was squatting shoulder to shoulder with two other photogs and had to crop another out of my shot; perhaps i should add him back in??
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by mikeSF.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #3

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
Collinsville Morning

What about the PEOPLE? While I was parked in the road shooting this pic, all the workers were arriving on the site at 7:45-ish to begin their day. I had to shout a few apologies to the close passing trucks for restricting the single lane of traffic.

** not for judging **
The Crack (In Black...and White)

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #4

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Not a people shooter so I will sit on the side lines this week. Good luck everyone. Going to be interesting to see the approach the the challenge this week. Cheers JIM

PS Mike, love the one you call Symphony. Would have love to shoot here. JIM

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #5

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Gee Jimbo, glad you don't shoot people... :D

You just have to be inventive like Mike! I'm sure "Crack" has some human connotations.

Mike: really love the wind turbines shot. :)

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #6

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
People you say?
Most of us are more than adapt at taking pictures of inanimate things, but people could be a real challenge.
A few here take fantastic pictures of people; Leighgion, Pablo and rmtagg spring to mind.
So it's time for the rest of us to pull up our socks, pick up the gauntlet and dive into the human gene pool head first!

Here's an interesting face I saw and he gladly allowed me to take his picture.
In fact, he grabbed my arm, pointed to my camera and made pantomime motions that I had to take his portrait. Most subjects aren't so willing; or demanding!

From old Havana, Cuba - I give you 'the cigar man'.
(Not to be included in this weeks competition as I took it 2 years ago.)

And from the top of my PC, these guys stare at me whilst I mouse and type away at my desk.
I give you 'All The Little People' that make what I do possible.

(Okay, I cheated. They are still inanimate objects; but just like the Cuban cigar man, they are characters!
Like FP said - use your imagination on this one.!)
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by J.Scott.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #7

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Gorgeous shots, MSF! Davenport Moonshine is especially captivating with its serene atmosphere and eerie lighting.

Woohoo! J.Scott jumps in the fray with some people shots! The Legotm collection implies all kinds of people: plastic people, children, and even the people each figure represents. That's a great family portrait :star:

p.s. that's is one HUGE cigar...
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Friendly Photon.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #8

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Now that's the definition of a cigar (make that turd)! Wowser!

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #9

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ok, so I don't have people in them, it was early and there was one guy just off camera. Here are two from my 40th anniversary weekend in Pt. Reyes with my wife. Hey, I'm shooting digital for a bit!

First light on Black Mountain

_IGP7147_48_49_50_51 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Morning Light Wreck

_IGP7187_88_89_90_91 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #10

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Tim, the first one , with the sunrise could be one of the best you have ever posted IMO. JIM

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #11

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ah...whoa, Jim you've seen more images from me over the past 3 years and that is an amazing comment. Thank you very much for that, it means a lot coming from you. Thanks.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #12

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Ah...whoa, Jim you've seen more images from me over the past 3 years and that is an amazing comment. Thank you very much for that, it means a lot coming from you. Thanks

Tim, its not under or over done and the compensation is pleasing to the eye. I have seen good ones from you but not to this standard. I alos love great landscapes! JIM

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #13

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
:cool: Thanks again, I felt it was a bit too dark actually and I'm apt to rework the HDR a bit. :tu:

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #14

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
nope, I'd say the tone is perfect. Sometimes silhouetted elements add more to a picture. Trying to retain detail in everything isn't necessarily a good thing.

That sunset picture is one of the best I've ever seen. The soft quality of the scenery, the beautiful orange tint, and the dark-yet-defined silhouettes complement each other very well. If this was a critique, I could go on and on at length about what works in that picture.

Re: TW3 #67 Hosted By Friendly Photon from February 15th to 25th 5 years 5 months ago #15

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Thanks again, I felt it was a bit too dark actually and I'm apt to rework the HDR a bit.

If there is anything I have learned, over the past couple of years, sometimes less is is better. We all tend to play with the images too much trying to make it something it wasn't. This is not too dark, IMO and needs to be left as is. The lighting on this makes the images and one could easliy take that away in the PP side. Just my two bits for what its worth! JIM
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds