Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #61

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
vacation in palm desert and visit to the zoo. the cheetah was hiding where the regular folks could not see him but i did a little climbing and got a peek at him licking his chops while eyeing all those tender field trip kids. Is this enough story for ya??:p

The bluejay was up in the snow covered mountains high above the valley and and we were having a family picnic lunch, it kept descending closer from the tree above.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #62

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Got it. Thanks for the info.

Last day to post gang. I'll figure it all out tomorrow morning.

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #63

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Definately not for judging! Been a long time since I've taken pics or posted here. Just been too wrapped with work , family and shows. So I wanted to contribute something. Recently found an old album. This is Paul Newman spun out in the last turn at Watkins Glen . He's driving a Dicky Barbour Porche in the Six Hours At The Glen 1979. His team came in second by 4 laps and probably would have won if not for this spin out.This was his last race before starting a long career running Datsun / Nissan
cars.Coincidently this was the weekend Sky Lab fell back to Earth so we stayed pretty drunk just in case it fell on us.

6hoursattheGlenn1979PaulNewman001.JPG

skylab001.JPG

_Watkins_Glen-1979-07-08.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by DamnRedneck.

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #64

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
What fun! Honorable mention just for posting DRN.You did say that you were coming up on a busy patch. Drop in when you can. Love the tran-am series shots!

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #65

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
TW3.70 Summary

Another good week for submissions. Everyone had some top shots and figuring out the winner was not easy.

RM – Interesting looks at your portraiture. All of your work has a great style and look. I particularly like the different views of Ashley, with the bikini shot being the superior image. However, the image of the unnamed model laying down is just your best of the week for me. Those are bedroom eyes and the soft seduction of the image has got to please the model. Wow.

FP – Your Foggy Morning Omega image was your best of the week for me. Working the image you pulled up the image that was there and even though I was sorta directing you to the result, I like the final project. It has wall hanging potential, excellent effort. I also liked your Skinny Dipping image as it was unusual and told a story. I’ll give it an honorable mention for the week. Well done.

TP – For me, hands down Definition was your best of the week. Your creative use of texture, depth of field, and patterns made the shot. Love your sunsets too but Definition was a photograph. Well done.

Jimbo – Another excellent week for you Jim. Foggy Snow and Black Wood are head and shoulder standout though as they draw you in and show creative vision to them, both should be printed large and hung on a wall, awesome really. I was less excited about the Deer shot, it’s nice but not as expansive as the others you submitted. Big White was another standout and as I said the balance between the foreground and background is excellent as is the sharpness of that image. Well done.

J Scott – you get an honorable mention for your creative use of photoshop and Waldo. I think FP should send you a wallet size of that one…LOL. :w00t:

Mongooz – only one shot from you this week, but it was a good one. Good eye on that and the colors are surreal. I might suggest a little tightening of the shot a bit more on the mushrooms and less ground but that’s more a matter of taste. I like this shot a lot and it reminds me to look down a bit more. Nice.

Mike – vacations are fun for photography if you can fit it in with family duties, and it seems to me that you did. Your Lying in Wait shot is my favorite of the week for you even though I like the Day’s End a lot too. The composition of your Windfarm Daybreak is reminiscent of your seascapes and, ya know? it works just fine for me as my eye wanders around in that image.

DRN - you get an honorable mention for resurrecting those old Watkins Glen images. What fun. Thanks for sharing those memories.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by blackcloudbrew.

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #66

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
So...the results.

In Third Place this week is Rosemary with:

Another Boudoir Image

In Second Place is FP with:

Foggy Morning Omega

and

the

winner

is

Jimbo with:

Black Wood

Honestly, I think Jimbo should get two 1st for Black Wood and Foggy Snow but I had to pick just one. Well done all. On to TW3.71!

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 4 weeks ago #67

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
awesome! congrats Jimbo!!!!
:ninja: :beer: :beer:

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #68

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Congrats everyone! Tim thanks for your kind words about my image :) I so love the other 2 images you selected!

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #69

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Tim, appreciate you choosing my image this week. I had a couple more from there that I really liked. I am traveling and will be home tomorrow evening. I will try to set up this weeks TW3 but the hotel I am at has very slow internet connection. Took almose three minutes to open this page! If you do not see it tonight, I will set up tomorrow evening guys. Cheers JIM

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #70

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
You are most welcome and you earned it buddy!

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #71

• Pablo
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
wow real great shot JIMBO

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #72

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Pablo, I obviously agree, but really I fell for that shot when it was first posted. I went through my usual process to evaluate the postings but that shot just spoke to me as a Photograph. That image was seen by Jim, framed with purpose, and whether it was converted to a b&w image I can't actually tell but it has that feel to it. Jim is an absolute wizard with reflections and this is an excellent example of his skill at them. Beyond what this physically is, it suggests a Richter earthquake graph to me. I love the fell of distance in this. I can go on here. That's why this won as it has a real wow factor to it. Like I said, I fell for this at first viewing.

Re: TW3.70 hosted by BCB 3/20-3/27 5 years 3 weeks ago #73

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Pablo, I obviously agree, but really I fell for that shot when it was first posted. I went through my usual process to evaluate the postings but that shot just spoke to me as a Photograph. That image was seen by Jim, framed with purpose, and whether it was converted to a b&w image I can't actually tell but it has that feel to it. Jim is an absolute wizard with reflections and this is an excellent example of his skill at them. Beyond what this physically is, it suggests a Richter earthquake graph to me. I love the fell of distance in this. I can go on here. That's why this won as it has a real wow factor to it. Like I said, I fell for this at first viewing.

Tim, again I really appreciate your kind woirds. Here is the completed image that I put on my web site. I brought down the contrast slightly from what I originally posted here. The difference shows ujp omn the web site better. Cheers JIM

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds