Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #46

• sprucehill
  • Thank Yous Received 3
awesome pictures - this will probably be my last peek in before the 29th - I've got a very busy few days ahead of me. Keep 'em coming I can't wait to see the whole bunch on Sunday night - (or maybe Monday afternoon)

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #47

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Ms. Beverly

IMG_1688x5weblogo.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #48

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
lovely portrait, RM!

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #49

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
A few more from that walk.

Droplets

Ordinary Day

Bursting

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #50

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Well, it's been done a lot but here is one from my shoot yesterday morning.

If I have to say where this is, you haven't been watching much.

Dawn's Lights

_IGP8190 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #51

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Nicely done Tim, love the light reflection to the right of the image too. Tiffpix, love those blossoms.. Some of my fav images are of flowers with rain drops :)

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #52

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Thanks and TP I agree with RM on the flowers.

A bit of water on flower shots really makes them better. I've read that people even carry spray bottles with them to 'improve' the look of flowers. Well captured.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #53

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Thanks and TP I agree with RM on the flowers.

A bit of water on flower shots really makes them better. I've read that people even carry spray bottles with them to 'improve' the look of flowers. Well captured.

Water drop shots were my thing when I was still a newbie, love them. What they say about a spray bottle is that the drops will run together unlike rain drops???? I havent played with a spray bottle so not sure if that is true or not.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #54

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Tim, I seen that bridge Thursday. Ended up staying in San Fran for one night. Had my boss with me so tough to give anyone a call. I was wonderiong what F stop you used on the bridge and is my eye playing tricks with the Horizon?

RoseMary, they say life starts at aound 50 and looks like your ladies may still be asked for ID in some places. WOW.... They are all beautiful women. Your wormk just keeps improving.

Tiff, Spring is one of my favorite seasons as the early buds show their beauty. Nothing like a little water to add to a image. Cheers JIMBO

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #55

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
JIMBO wrote:
Tim, I seen that bridge Thursday. Ended up staying in San Fran for one night. Had my boss with me so tough to give anyone a call. I was wonderiong what F stop you used on the bridge and is my eye playing tricks with the Horizon? ...Cheers JIMBO

Sorry you didn't have time this week, such is life. Mike and I have been trying to get our shooting schedules synced for weeks. [sigh]

The exif for that shot says f22, 72sec., ISO80, 21mm (Samsung 12-24 f4 lens my UWA favorite). Oh, as I recall, I did just a slight adjustment of about +1 stop to the RAW file in post processing.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by blackcloudbrew.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #56

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
The exif for that shot says f22, 72sec.,

Interesting settings. I may have changes the F stop to say F11 but you may have been going for a certain effect. At times one looses a little detail when shots are loaded on this and other, sites.

When you go to Flicker and open the image there is more detail. JIM

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #57

• Pablo
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Well, it's been done a lot but here is one from my shoot yesterday morning.

If I have to say where this is, you haven't been watching much.

Dawn's Lights
7121246585_7834db9e6b_b.jpg
_IGP8190 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr
Is that Mike's bridge?

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #58

• Mongooz
  • Thank Yous Received 4
we had rain AGAIN today. so some drops were all there was to shoot.
i couldn't really get the drop stopped in mid air because it was so overcast, i couldn't use higher shutter speed, and still have a picture light enough to see.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #59

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Ms Jaclyn

IMG_1770x2weblogo.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by rmtagg.

Re: TW3 #73 hosted by Dan (sprucehill) 4/22 - 4/29 midnight 6 years 7 months ago #60

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
JIMBO wrote:
The exif for that shot says f22, 72sec.,

Interesting settings. I may have changes the F stop to say F11 but you may have been going for a certain effect. At times one looses a little detail when shots are loaded on this and other, sites.

When you go to Flicker and open the image there is more detail. JIM

One thing I've yet to really master or do much of is get it in my head as to what the optimum "sweet spot" for sharpness is with my lenses - make that most of my lenses because I have way too many. I know that maximizing the f-stop of a lens is not the best way to get optimum sharpness but ... I still do it. Like in this shot. Heck that's why I was on a tripod. It coulda been better. I'll have to get with it as this issue has been one of those on my mind to resolve.

Thanks as always.

Tim
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds