Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #31

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
wow JIMBO! Love all that color. Wish that was around here as I need a field of color to do a wedding gown shoot for a designer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #32

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Well, Jimbo weighs in with a serious bunch of flowers and some more lovely local scenes. I have to say that I think you've finally shown us what out does your local landscape scenes - your local fields of flowers scenes. I love the way you show how you worked the waves, bands, rows of color - I'm really loving the waves the best and your lost in a crowd is brilliant. Well viewed and well shot. Wow.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #33

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Beautiful flower shots Jimbo and RM, just full of colour. I like how you used the rows to good effect as well Jimbo.

Here are a few from the waterfront and Church St. in Burlington. It's a pedestrians/cyclists only area.

Exterminate

Shmoke and a Pancake

Sparkly

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #34

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #35

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Holy cow JIMBO, those flower rows seem to go on forever! Some truly excellent shots.

I, too, have some Burlington pier and Church Street photos to share. We went there on our last evening in Vermont before heading back to Canada the next day. Our goal was to get some sunset pictures from a different location, but it was too overcast for that. We ended up getting totally different kinds of pictures instead.

Dangerous Reflections

Dandelion Dreams

Feet (concept totally stolen from sprucehill)
Photons are your friends! :-)

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #36

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Church Street Lights

Mosaic

Woman Of My Dreams
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Friendly Photon.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #37

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Frank, love the shot of the dandelion and the women of your dreams is looking cool!! Great additions to the week. JIM

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #38

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
That's a great picture of Tiffany!
She looks great in that jacket!
(Reminds me of the time we spent in Burlington. That was without a doubt the best week I had all winter. :tu: )
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by J.Scott.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #39

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Thanks :D and that was a fantastic week. On your definition, definitely I was going with the Mike Myers one, never heard of the other one either.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #40

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Just to make this a totally family-owned TW3 page, here are my last 3 for the week:

The Sailor

And while the next 2 don't necessarily fall into this week's theme, they were taken from within my town, so that still counts :p Besides, it's not like I was going to ignore the supermoon...

Red Moon Rising

I actually missed moonrise by a good 10 minutes, which is incredibly annoying since the sky was perfect for moon shots. Oh well. Later on, it got more overcast, so I had to settle for a more stylized moon shot:

Blue Moon Howling

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #41

• Mr Pink
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 11
OH... that dandelion shot is killer, as is you nod to Sprucehill... like the Dangerous reflections too, although would have loved to see it in horz too... Kudos

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #42

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
TP – I’m enjoying your latest three. I like Exterminate the best as the image provides mystery (what the heck are those things?) and I think your use of perspective is excellent. Good eye on that one. I love the real colors of Shmoke, nicely controlled lighting in that. Sparky is a nice shot but has a bit too much street in the foreground for me. I think FP image below is the more balanced composition. I have to ask though, isn’t it like May? That scene seems more for December than May but…you are fairly close to the GWN so who knows. Anyway Exterminate is my fav.

FP – Well you knocked out all nine for this TW3 and I’m liking them too. I’ve seen that danger sign before but this I think is the best with some symmetry of the reflection and the lovely hills in the distance. That might work as a B&W shot too. I really like Feet a lot. I love texture and the addition of the feet with the acknowledgement of SH is brilliant. You really brought out the grain of the wood. Well done. Your Lights shot is very good too and the angle and tightness make the street scene work very well, I like it. Not gonna say much about the Woman image, I have a few images of the woman of my dreams too and yours is well done and is yours. Nice. The sailor is another great image, I love the composition, lighting, and overall blue tones in this shot. Red moon is wonderful and I think you nailed it. I think blue moon is nice as you have captured the mood but has a bit too much negative space for my tastes. Great series guy my fav though is Feet.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #43

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Mr Pink wrote:
like the Dangerous reflections too, although would have loved to see it in horz too... Kudos
I've taken shots of that sign countless times over the last 2 years, including many horizontals. But this is the first time the water was calm enough to show a reflection. I didn't even think to try it in horizontal, I was too focused on the vertical-ness of the subject+reflection :o Oh well...
blackcloudbrew wrote:
I have to ask though, isn’t it like May? That scene seems more for December than May but…you are fairly close to the GWN so who knows.
Church Street is lit up this way year-round. I think it became too expensive to take the lights on and off every holiday season, so now they just leave them up all the time and light them up every night. Makes for a fantastic evening atmosphere.

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #44

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Not for judging, but Mr. P. mentioned a B&W of the marching band might work well. Here it is:

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 4 years 11 months ago #45

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Nice and I think the conversion worked. Personally, I'd try to punch up the contrast a tad but this is very nice.

A couple from me from Mike and my Friday night workshop on shooting the moon.

This is an IR image - moon over the bay. Technical note on this one, I didn't really like results from the color IR image so I converted to b&w which is always the option with IR, however, the moon lost any definition. I experimented with color filters in Lightroom and finally discovered that a yellow filter of all of them (blue, red, orange, and green) brought back nice defination to the face of the full moon. Interesting.

IMGP3952-Edit by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Back in normal light but in HDR - another moon over the bay

_IGP8375_6_7_8_9 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

Finally, also in HDR - yet one more moon over the bay.

_IGP8348_49_50 by blackcloudbrew, on Flickr

We both felt that these were just so so but I did learn quite a bit of technique for next time and a new special spot for shooting.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by blackcloudbrew.
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds