Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #61

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Well, I'm going to throw you half a loaf here on the results and honestly I haven't selected the winner even in my mind yet. I have, however, determined what I believe to be each of your best images submitted. So here goes.

MikeSF - Pt. Bonita - just another wonderful shot mike. Dreamy and the conversion is just lovely.
Tiffany - Nectar - I love this shot! Great angle, lighting, and composition on this. It belongs in Vermont Highways mag.

Rosemary - you only submitted one of the flower so it's no contest on it being your best but I'd suspect that it would have been a winner anyway. Well done and excellent colors.

Jimbo - lovely work all but I was drawn immediately to your XXX of color shots. It's a hard one to figure out but I think the Rows of Color is the one that tops them all. Great concept.

FP - you threw down some great images too but I have to go with Feet as the photographer's photograph. Great texture and concept. Very nice.

DRN - I would have loved to have joined you for that airshow but your shots brought me there anyway. The first Blue Angel shot is the best of the bunch to me but only by a little bit.

So some how out of all of those I'll pick the top three tomorrow. Well done all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #62

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Well, I'm going to throw you half a loaf here on the results and honestly I haven't selected the winner even in my mind yet. I have, however, determined what I believe to be each of your best images submitted. So here goes.

MikeSF - Pt. Bonita - just another wonderful shot mike. Dreamy and the conversion is just lovely.
Tiffany - Nectar - I love this shot! Great angle, lighting, and composition on this. It belongs in Vermont Highways mag.

Rosemary - you only submitted one of the flower so it's no contest on it being your best but I'd suspect that it would have been a winner anyway. Well done and excellent colors.

Jimbo - lovely work all but I was drawn immediately to your XXX of color shots. It's a hard one to figure out but I think the Rows of Color is the one that tops them all. Great concept.

FP - you threw down some great images too but I have to go with Feet as the photographer's photograph. Great texture and concept. Very nice.

DRN - I would have loved to have joined you for that airshow but your shots brought me there anyway. The first Blue Angel shot is the best of the bunch to me but only by a little bit.

So some how out of all of those I'll pick the top three tomorrow. Well done all.

:ninja: lurking, lol Tim thanks for the kind words :)

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #63

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ok, sorry again for the wait on the results. First a slight revision on my analysis of your week's bests. I said:

"Jimbo - lovely work all but I was drawn immediately to your XXX of color shots. It's a hard one to figure out but I think the Rows of Color is the one that tops them all. Great concept."

Jim, in looking at all of your flower shots posted again, even though I really like all the bands of flowers each one has a little something I would have liked to see a bit differently. For example Rows of Color - which I felt was the best of these has the dirt groove right down the center of the image and on second look I think I would have liked to see that somehow minimized more in the image. In the Waves of Color shot would have loved to see a bit more of the yellow colors at the upper right hand corner. I'm not saying these are flaws, just that on my second pass, they just don't rise to the top of the heap as I felt yesterday. Frankly I think utilizing the land form to get these bands of flower/colors is a great concept and could and should be worked for more images. People buy this kinda stuff! Anyway, I wanted to share this revision to my thinking on your best of the week. So...what then was your best of the week. Well the more that I looked at it, I feel that Lost in a Crowd is your best. It combines repeated patterns with a selective color of the one flower in an awesome and different way. Good eye on that one. I don't know whether this was cropped or not but if it was, I think you could experiment with other crops to say intensify the yellow flowers or say move the lone blossom to a point on the rule of thirds. I'm not saying this isn't optimal, I'm saying if it were me I'd play with it a bit more. I really like this shot by the way.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #64

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Ok, now really the results.

I felt that the top four were Feet from FP, Sweet Nectar from Tiffpix, Pt. Bonita from MikeSF, and Lost in a Crowd from Jimbo. I tried to rank them and just could not get any great separation between, so I'm declaring a tie for second between Feet, Sweet Nectar, and Pt. Bonita. Each of these images have great appeal to me and show thought and vision by the artist. Very well done.

Pt. Bonita

Sweet Nectar

Feet

And First (by a hair) place goes to Jimbo for Lost in a Crowd.

Over to you Jim.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by blackcloudbrew.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #65

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Congrats Jimbo, Mike and FP and excellent job hosting Tim. Your comments and discussion were well done.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #66

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
An absolutely brilliant winning shot by JIMBO. Very different from his usual stuff, but it works on so many levels.

Great job hosting BCB! That was a great summary.
Photons are your friends! :-)

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #67

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
oh man, that is lovely, Jimbo!! congrats on the win!

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #68

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
thanks BCB for another great job hosting and for your excellent analysis!

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #69

• Mr Pink
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 11
Excellent job everybody... and a tough week to judge BCB, well done.

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #70

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Wonderful selections and incites Tim :) Congrats everyone!

Re: TW3.74, hosted by BCB April 30 - May 9. 5 years 3 months ago #71

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Wow. had no idea. Just got home and went up to check if Frank did win and got the big surprise. Thank you. Was not expected that. Will get the new one going in a hour or so. Funny thing about this photo. It was one of the first my wife really liked and I printed it 16x20 for Mothers day yesterdsy. Too funny. Cheers and thanks again Tim. JIM

PS: just picked up mt back up camera for my trip to Iceland toay. Decoided to go with the D7000 insted of the D800. JIM
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds