Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #31

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
wow, awesome jackolanterns!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #32

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Phenomenal shots from Maui Mike! And to extend on Tim's compliment, I think a lot of these photos are much, much better than anything I've seen in calendars recently.

FP: Nice work with the jack-o-lanterns!

Pablo: Love the street photos, but Lamp especially strikes me as a fantastic shot.

Tim: And your photos also outshine anything I've seen in calendars, so well done. Nice to return to a spot where you've been before to see how you can photograph it differently.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #33

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Wow, thanks Tiffany that's high praise for all of us.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #34

• Mongooz
  • Thank Yous Received 4
lots of very cool pics this week.

i think i FINALLY got a decent pic to post. the colors here are never really spectacular, not like where i am from in the mountains of Pa. but this one was pretty nice, i think.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #35

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
It has been awhile since I posted here as I have been busy with my Iceland shots. [On my second look through] I needed to get out shooting again so I headed to a area I love to shoot anytime of year. Here are a few from today. JIM
Fall Snow

Fall Stream

Fallen Autumn

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #36

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Three more from this morning. All shot with my D7000. Have decided to go ahead and bit the bullet and get the D800. JIM

Touching Light

Gated Fall

Pushing Through Fall

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #37

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Mongooz wrote:

i think i FINALLY got a decent pic to post. the colors here are never really spectacular, not like where i am from in the mountains of Pa. but this one was pretty nice, i think.

Pretty nice? sheesh, we'd kill to see that kind of color in California. We get some but not like that. Awesome!

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #38

• Mongooz
  • Thank Yous Received 4
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Mongooz wrote:

Pretty nice? sheesh, we'd kill to see that kind of color in California. We get some but not like that. Awesome!

i would have to think that the colors in northern Calif. are pretty awesome.....like up in Ukiah or something. but yea....this was a pretty good pic....sadly.....they will all be gone in the next week. all the trails are completely covered in fallen leaves. oh well....get out the snow shoes :o

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #39

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
In northeastern CA we see this sort of color and in the eastern Sierra the Aspen can be very special but it really doesn't compare to the eastern forest color, I know, I've lived in both places. Your image is special dude.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 4 weeks ago #40

• Leighgion
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 29
  • Honor Medal
My apologies to everybody for being an absent host, but there's a lot going on here on the clock and off. I found myself explaining albinism and recessive genes to Chinese fourth graders, in English. Yeah, I'm a crazy teacher... this was not a topic on the official lesson plan.

I should have time to finalize things in the next 12 hours or so. In the meantime, feel free to slide in more shots! There's great stuff this week.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 3 weeks ago #41

• Mongooz
  • Thank Yous Received 4
blackcloudbrew wrote:
In northeastern CA we see this sort of color and in the eastern Sierra the Aspen can be very special but it really doesn't compare to the eastern forest color, I know, I've lived in both places. Your image is special dude.

thanks. here's one more from the same day.

Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Mongooz.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 3 weeks ago #42

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
That's real purdy! :tu:

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 3 weeks ago #43

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Leighgion wrote:
feel free to slide in more shots!

Alright, I'll cheat if the host encourages it :whistle:

Watch Your Step
GORE6321_1.jpg

School Foliage
GORE6356.jpg
Photons are your friends! :-)

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 3 weeks ago #44

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Brilliant colours Mongooz, and Jimbo, excellent work with smooth water as always, and snow in the mountains? Nice shot.

TW3.88: Auspicious Cantonese Edition, Hosted by Leighgion Oct 14-21 6 years 3 weeks ago #45

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
I'm impressed with the intensity of the colors FP, MZ, and Jimbo. There is some of this here but nothing like what you guys are throwing up. Wow.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds