Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #61

  • rmtagg
  • rmtagg's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 821
  • Thank Yous Received 10
  • Points: 425
lostminstrel wrote:

That's a lovely winter high-key image. I especially like the gentle but finite OOF area, with the dollops of red leading the eye across the frame.

Glad you're beginning to feel better, and I hope you're back to your normal self in no time! :)
Thank you, Still feeling a bit ruff but on the mend. It was so worth getting out and getting back to my shooting roots :) I love playing with DOF and color, one of my fav things to do with my camera.
Looks like there have been lots of wonderful images posted!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #62

  • Damn Brit
  • Damn Brit's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 868
  • Thank Yous Received 1
  • Points: 10
Three texture shots.

'Raindrops on Beach'
_IGP3778_TW3.28.jpg


'Interlocking Fingers'
_IGP3802_TW3.28.jpg


'Criss-Cross'
_IGP3806_TW3.28.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #63

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
"Raindrops on Beach" looks like it could be some type of projective test.

"Interlocking Fingers" provides an interesting counterpoint to BCB's "Ferns".

"Criss-Cross" is Da Bomb. :p
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #64

  • Friendly Photon
  • Friendly Photon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 2801
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Points: 1751
  • Honor Medal
lostminstrel wrote:
"Criss-Cross" is Da Bomb. :p
oh boy, that brings back some unfortunate memories...
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #65

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
Friendly Photon wrote:
oh boy, that brings back some unfortunate memories...

Anything you'd care to share...? >:| |
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #66

  • Friendly Photon
  • Friendly Photon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 2801
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Points: 1751
  • Honor Medal
lostminstrel wrote:
Anything you'd care to share...? >:| |
I don't think there are any pictures of me with my clothes on backwards left in existence, thank God :p
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #67

  • Friendly Photon
  • Friendly Photon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 2801
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Points: 1751
  • Honor Medal
My 4th and final submission for this TW3

Hidden Scars 1


Hidden Scars 2


Random Flower Shot
IMGP5050.jpg

(I decided there weren't enough flower shots in this thread, and I needed a 3rd picture to round out the submission, so I took a picture of some fake flowers in my basement stairwell)
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #68

  • tiffpix
  • tiffpix's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 1564
  • Thank Yous Received 33
  • Points: 853
With the thought "better late than never", here's a few:

The Kitty



The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #69

  • tiffpix
  • tiffpix's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 1564
  • Thank Yous Received 33
  • Points: 853
Beautiful shots everyone! Love your last Rosemary, and those are some great quarry shots FP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #70

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
new2photo wrote:
With the thought "better late than never", here's a few:

Never too late to post such a cute kitty! :love:
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #71

  • blackcloudbrew
  • blackcloudbrew's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 3058
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Points: 3211
  • Honor Medal
FP - Love the two hidden scars shots. I think the first is the best.

N2P - Boy, coming in late with a cute kitty shot! That's low. (It is a nice image though.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #72

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
Wow, this judging stuff is tough!

First of all, a great big [size=150:1likbs8h]THANK YOU[/size] to all of you who participated in the year's first TW3. The overall quality of the submitted images is excellent, making my task... challenging, to say the least.

Unlike some of our other forumites, I'm a picture-taker, not a photographer. I'm certain many of the subtleties of more advanced photography are lost on me; I really am a subject-matter kind of guy.

Anyway, enough of this ramble of a preamble, and onto the results!

An Honorable Mention to blackcloudbrew for your B&W film series taken with the Pentax ZX-M. Photos like these help me to understand when you say, "damn I love black and white film". Perhaps you should change your FPZ moniker to black&whitecloudbrew! <:) )

3rd place: Rosemary's 1st submission. A classic pose, augmented by superb processing. One would almost believe this image was painted centuries ago.
.

rosemary.jpg


2nd place: BCB's Ferns. I'm not a particular fan of IR, but IMO this photo superbly demonstrates IR's value. Such a clean, elegant, professional looking image, it is easy for me to envision this hanging in a Manhattan doctor's office.
.

[attachment=xyz]bcb ir ferns.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments:
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #73

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
And the winner of 2011's 1st TW3 is...
.
[attachment=xyz]jim FrozenBoats2.jpg[/attachment]
.
Of all the photos in this week's TW3, Jimbo's Frozen Boats struck the deepest chord. It's an image that makes promises to the viewer - there is adventure to be had, and perhaps even danger, and if you are not up to the challenge, go back to bed. Frozen Boats is both majestic and intimate, and resonates so strongly with me that it came out on top, beating out Ferns by the slimmest of margins.

So, folks, there you have it. Big congratulations to this week's winners, and thank you all for the honor of being the host. I hereby pass the baton to you, JIMBO! :D
Attachments:
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #74

  • tiffpix
  • tiffpix's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 1564
  • Thank Yous Received 33
  • Points: 853
Congrats Jimbo, Tim and Rosemary! From such excellent submissions this week I think you all deserve it. Great job hosting LM.
blackcloudbrew wrote:
N2P - Boy, coming in late with a cute kitty shot! That's low. (It is a nice image though.)

Thanks Tim, not up to your amazing level this week, but thanks. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 10 months ago #75

  • blackcloudbrew
  • blackcloudbrew's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 3058
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Points: 3211
  • Honor Medal
Wow, LM great job on the hosting and analysis. Jim's frozen boat shot was a killer composition and a great choice. Way to go Jimbo! I'd also agree with the choice of Rosemary's image. What a look.

Thanks for the complements too. For the record BCB stays as the handle. Having just completed two beers at the Black Cloud Brewery (an Irish Red Ale and an Irish Christmas Stout), I'm unlikely to try to rename my femtobrewery but thanks for the suggestion.

Tim
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds