Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #76

  • Friendly Photon
  • Friendly Photon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 2801
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Points: 1751
  • Honor Medal
lostminstrel wrote:
Unlike some of our other forumites, I'm a picture-taker, not a photographer. I'm certain many of the subtleties of more advanced photography are lost on me; I really am a subject-matter kind of guy.
And this is exactly why the TW3 format works so well. Each week is different thanks to the elements that each host brings to it, not to mention each host's different point of view when it comes to photography. This was a fine example of a great job hosting. I especially like the numbered laurels on your selections :lol:
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #77

  • JIMBO
  • JIMBO's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 1189
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Points: 1236
  • Honor Medal
WOW, I am surprised given all the excellent images this week. Thank you LM... Will set up the new one later tonight. Appreciate everyones comments too. JIMBO
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #78

  • Pablo
  • Pablo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 793
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Points: 1168
  • Honor Medal
I am not surprised at all, stunning images this week JIM and a great winner, CONGRATS! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #79

  • Pablo
  • Pablo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 793
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Points: 1168
  • Honor Medal
lostminstrel wrote:
An Honorable Mention to blackcloudbrew for your B&W film series taken with the Pentax ZX-M. Photos like these help me to understand when you say, "damn I love black and white film". Perhaps you should change your FPZ moniker to black&whitecloudbrew! <:) )
I had a similar thought when I saw BCB's post too, in fact, I consequently ordered some Ilford PAN 400. does anyone have any experience with it?

p.s. thanks Tim :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #80

  • blackcloudbrew
  • blackcloudbrew's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 3058
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Points: 3198
  • Honor Medal
Pablo wrote:
I had a similar thought when I saw BCB's post too, in fact, I consequently ordered some Ilford PAN 400. does anyone have any experience with it?

p.s. thanks Tim :)

You are welcome of course. Actually, I just shot my first roll of this last month in my 645 camera. I don't have much to say about it other than it works and I'm not yet sensitive to those much loved differences in films. The series I shot on the ZX-M was Kodak Professional B&W 400ISO. I've attached a shot with the Ilford film.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #81

  • Damn Brit
  • Damn Brit's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 868
  • Thank Yous Received 1
  • Points: 10
Congratulations Jim, it's a fantastic shot, and well done for braving the elements to take it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #82

  • lostminstrel
  • lostminstrel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 909
  • Thank Yous Received 6
  • Points: 71
Pablo wrote:
I had a similar thought when I saw BCB's post too, in fact, I consequently ordered some Ilford PAN 400. does anyone have any experience with it?

p.s. thanks Tim :)

Pablo, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos with the Ilford.
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TW3.28 January 3rd, 2011, Hosted by LostMinstrel 6 years 7 months ago #83

  • Pablo
  • Pablo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Founding Member
  • Posts: 793
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Points: 1168
  • Honor Medal
blackcloudbrew wrote:

You are welcome of course. Actually, I just shot my first roll of this last month in my 645 camera. I don't have much to say about it other than it works and I'm not yet sensitive to those much loved differences in films. The series I shot on the ZX-M was Kodak Professional B&W 400ISO. I've attached a shot with the Ilford film.
Lovely shot. I don't know much about this things but I know what I like :D

lostminstrel wrote:
Pablo, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos with the Ilford.
Might take a while but it will get here eventually
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds