Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #31

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Not much "street photography" round here but ....

IMGP3213.jpg

IMGP3230.jpg

IMGP3226.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by DamnRedneck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #32

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Pre blast off checklist:
...cockpit secure- Check
...Stylish "Marvin The Martian" hats on- Check
...Cool Dude "this ride aint nothing" look - Check

IMGP3274.jpg

Blast off

IMGP3282.jpg

AAAAAHHHHHH....

IMGP3276.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by DamnRedneck.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #33

• JIMBO
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 23
  • Honor Medal
Last three for me shot today. JIM

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #34

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
I've been in a bit of a photo funk lately, mostly due to the lack of opportunities. But today I pushed myself to go out there and try new things. So without further delay, my submissions for this week:

Truckin' Along

(I don't condone shooting and driving... do as I say, not as I do)

Driving Into The Sunset

Mending Things
Photons are your friends! :-)
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Friendly Photon.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #35

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Olympic Stadium By Night

Zooming Along Jacques-Cartier Bridge

Montreal Moonless Skyline

edit: full size version of above picture available here:
www.friendlyphotozone.com/uploads/GORE1381_2.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Friendly Photon.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #36

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
DRN: love the blast off pictures!!! Great sequence, and you got a great capture of the kid's expression while the ride was going.

...Elvis is looking as fit as ever :lol:

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #37

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
Cool light trails on the JC bridge, but WTH is this?

GORE1375copy.jpg

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #38

• lostminstrel
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 6
DRN: mmm, Grebe Gravy! Your 1st pic gets my stomach rumbling... the Elvis impersonator shot is great, because you captured the obviously enthused fan in the background...the "blast off" series is allota fun.

JIMBO: good-looking trio, #1 is cool for the action, #3 is cool for the lack of action. Go figure.

FP: I think we all go thru the funks, but IMO you have 3 gold-star efforts here. "Truckin' Along" has a great silhouette, lighting and background. "Mending Things" looks almost like a stock photo. "Montreal Moonless Skyline" might be beautiful, but I need to see a larger version. :p
The democratization of information will leave us all misinformed, equally.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by lostminstrel.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #39

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
Great submissions DR! I had a real kick out of the Blast Off series, but they're all great. My mother would drool over that Elvis impersonator, great capture.

FP: Wow, busy night, love the funky starbursts/lightbursts. Very cool effect with the Cartier bridge and I love that Montreal shot, although I would also like to see a larger version. BCB should rename this "pano week".

Jimbo: Your treatment of water is always so cool. Whenever I'm shooting water I think "How can I do this like Jimbo" :-)

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #40

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
As expected, I wake up to more excellent images from the members. Yep, Jimbo is the water master (and reflection master too). I don't think how can I do this like Jimbo, it's more like how can I shoot is as good a Jimbo. FP for being in a funk, you've got some nice stuff this week. Love the night shots of the stadium. DRN, whoa, great series guy or should I just say, 'thank you very much.'

Jay, you seem to have posted just the small version of your night trails shot. Love to see the larger one.

Pano week? Hmmm...I think not. But it occurs to me that we might want to do a pano challenge. It's been a while since we did a focused contest. If we did, I think it would be good to have some training on them. I suck at them and it's on my to do list to once and for all learn to do them. Thoughts?

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #41

• J.Scott
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 39
  • Honor Medal
blackcloudbrew wrote:
Jay, you seem to have posted just the small version of your night trails shot. Love to see the larger one.

That is a wee portion of FP's image. I was just curious as to what made those particular lights.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #42

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
J.Scott wrote:
And neat squirrel portrait. I trust you had a telephoto lens. Do not get close to those creatures, they are evil - they've got fangs!

this was with the Tamron 70-200 at 200mm. Back in college, there was a squirrel that would tap on the window of my dorm room and i'd feed it bread and nuts and whatever i had. Eventually, we allowed to come inside and explore a bit and would feed it from our hands. Well, i was hand feeding the creature one day when suddenly a friend of ours barged in , slamming the door open. This startled the squirrel and it instantly bit into my hand, piercing my thumb with its very strong teeth. I was bleeding profusely and barely made the 3/4 mile uphill trek to the university student health center before succumbing to my injuries. ok, that last part was the writer's embellishment. But, i was amazed at the depth of the bites and the relative ease at which the animal inflicted them. I have a lasting scar on a couple of fingers still and keep away from squirrels...

...and potato bugs.

but we wont get into that story. :o

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #43

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
DamnRedneck wrote:
IMGP3226.jpg

I am printing this to take to my local post office to cross reference against the most wanted posters...dear readers, i beseech you to do likewise. Are we REALLY supposed to believe he is photographing the street with his P&S?? I think not.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by mikeSF.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #44

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
J.Scott wrote:
Cool light trails on the JC bridge, but WTH is this?

GORE1375copy.jpg

I have no clue, I was wondering that myself... there's a couple of them on the Olympic Stadium pic too. Each picture was taken with a different lens (FA 43mm and DA 15mm) and without any filter. My guess is it's some weird reflection inside the lens.

Re: TW3.38, APRIL 2, 2011, Hosted by BlackCloudBrew - Spring Ed. 6 years 7 months ago #45

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
lostminstrel wrote:
"Montreal Moonless Skyline" might be beautiful, but I need to see a larger version. :p
Added a link below the image to a larger version.
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds